Nothing, we repeat, nothing beats the intimacy of a house show. There are plenty of reasons we love an intimate gig, but ultimately, a house show is the forever heart of Sofar, a chance to share these small rooms together to support outrageously talented artists who deserve the focus. And, they’re the kind of rooms where you tend to meet other music lovers, maybe even make a couple lifelong friends along the way. Here are five of our favorite living rooms for intimate shows.
1. This London home feels like an oasis in the city. Blankets on the hardwood floors, warm lights along the brick walls, it’s the kind of comfy space that helps you drop your shoulders a bit to enjoy an evening of carefree live music.
2. Definitely another one of our favorite London living rooms for intimate shows. An exposed brick wall is always a crowd pleaser (and the ultra good music, of course).
3. Are you seeing this crown molding? It’s bringing a whole new dimension of ambiance to this living room show in Chicago, IL.
4. Sometimes a staircase is kind of the perfect balcony seating. You’ve even got a few levels to choose from, picking just the right view point for the show in this Vancouver, BC living room.
5. Like we’ve said, you just can’t top living rooms for intimate shows, especially when you’re seated on the floor right beside the artist themselves. Turns out a fireplace is kind of an amazing stage for a cozy show experience, like this sweet room in Portland, OR.
Words by Sofar Editorial Team