Listen, September’s been a month of nonstop new music—melancholic pop-folk, ‘90s tinged alt-rocky vibes, blissful funk fusion, and much more. So let’s get to all the good September artist news, asap.
1. Sleep Walking Animals just shared their newest, “Rossignol”, a gorgeous single following last month’s “Love you a Little Less”. Some might call it indie rock, some might call it angelic harmony over snappy percussion (we think it could be both, and the perfect sound for this season). But before you decide, revisit their recent Sofar performance:
2. Now, you’ve got some time, but B-ahwe just announced not only a new mixtape, but a run of tour dates around England set for this November. What to do while you wait, or if you can’t make it over to the UK for the live show? We’ve got you covered with this recent live show in Leeds.
3. Next up on September artist news—a big congrats to Oh He Dead for their newest album, Pretty, a place where pop meets funk meets soul meets a kind of pastel, breezy set of feel good songs. The result? An album that keeps you smiling with every listen, just like this 2018 Sofar performance:
4. Have you put Boyish’s new EP Little Demon Boy on your speakers yet? The one with that crunchy-yet-soft and wonderful track “Kill Your Pain” featuring King Princess? It’s waiting—and for those in the U.S., Boyish is on the road for the bulk of October, so see if they’re coming to a city near you. And if they’re not near you, you’ve got this Sofar performance from a summer afternoon in 2020:
5. One more piece of September Artist News before we say goodbye to the month—put Gatlin’s newest, I Sleep Fine Now, into your headphones, seven songs that feel both like a release and a wistful farewell, melancholy anthems to turn up and greet October ahead. Get a little of the vibe with the official video for the single, “Paris”:
Enjoying the September Artist News and ready to discover artists in person? Explore shows.
Words by Sofar Editorial Team