Prize Draw Rules for Give a Home 2017
No Purchase Necessary To Enter or Win.
We, Sofar Sounds Limited, are giving away roughly 20,000 tickets for events all around the world as part of the Give a Home 2017 event series. Events will take place across 250+ cities on Sept 20th 2017. You can enter for specific tickets to specific events in a specific city on that day.
(Tickets have a nominal value of $0.01, are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, and not available to purchase separately. Tickets cannot be redeemed for cash, auctioned, bartered or resold by winners.)
How do I enter?
Provided that you are eligible (as described below), entering our Prize Draw is free. You may be offered the opportunity to make a donation to Amnesty once we begin processing your entry. You’ll be sent an email to let you know if you’ve been entered into our Prize Draw. The Prize Draw is set to take place on 10th of September 2017 where winners will be chosen. Winners are chosen at random from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
If you are successfully entered into the draw, you’ll be sent a unique link you can share with your friends to let them know about the Prize Draw. You’ll receive one (1) additional entry into the Prize Draw for each additional entry you generate through your link (up to a maximum of 10 entries). You should only invite people you know and who you think would want to receive the invitation – no spamming. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHENEVER YOU SHARE YOUR PERSONAL LINK WITH A FRIEND YOU SHOULD INCLUDE A STATEMENT THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL ENTRY IF YOUR FRIEND ENTERS THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR LINK. Failure to disclose this information is a violation of these rules. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
When does the Prize Draw start and finish?
The Prize Draw will run between June 20th 2017 and Sept 10th 2017. Entries close at 23:59 (GMT) on Sept 10th 2017.
Who can enter?
This Prize Draw is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and United Kingdom. Persons under the age of 18 years must have consent from a parent or guardian to enter the Prize Draw. Our employees and contractors and their family members or anyone connected with the administration of the Prize Draw are not permitted to enter the Prize Draw.
Announcement of Winners:
Potential winners will be notified via email. The return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or the failure of any winner to comply with these Rules or the Prize Draw Terms will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be delivered as unique confirmation links by email to the address provided by the winners and may be subject to further terms and conditions. You will need to either already have an account with Sofar Sounds, or register with us to claim a Prize. Once you have registered and confirmed your attendance, tickets will be delivered by email. Any costs and expenses associated with ticket acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including, travel and accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Promoter.
If prizes are not claimed within 24 hours of the relevant draw, the winner will forfeit the prize and, at Promoter’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue.
- Promoter: Sofar Sounds Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company Number 07561876 and registered office address 2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA, UK. You can get in touch with us by: telephone on 0203 417 6539, email at email@example.com.
- Winners List: To receive the name(s) of the winner(s) (available after Sept 20th, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sept 25th 2017.
- This constitutes a legal agreement between us and you. Please read it carefully.
- These Competition Terms may change from time to time without notice.
- Separate terms apply to your use of the Sofar Sounds website. See www.sofarsounds.com/terms_and_conditions.
DEFINITIONS AND INTRODUCTION
In this Agreement the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
The promotion, prize draw, quiz or competition operated by us (whether on behalf of Sofar or on behalf of the relevant sponsors) as set out in the Competition Rules.
The Competition Rules applicable to the relevant Competition.
Any natural person who enters a competition or prize draw.
Any prize offered or awarded in a Competition by a Prize Provider.
The provider of the Prize offered or awarded in a Competition by us or by any other third party with whom we have an arrangement.
“us”, “we” and “our”
Any references to “us”, “we” and “our” shall be references to Sofar Sounds Limited (Sofar) (Company Number 07561876) incorporated in England and Wales with registered office at 2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA, UK.
Any reference to “you” is to you as a Participant in or winner of (as the case may be) a Competition.
- This Agreement shall be binding on you when you enter, participate in or win any Competition or accept any Prize.
- In the event that there is any conflict between these Competition Terms and any specific Competition Rules relating to a particular Competition then the specific Competition Rules will prevail.
- We reserve the right, in our reasonable discretion, to add to, amend, vary or waive these Competition Terms on reasonable notice.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER A COMPETITION
In order to make a valid entry into a Competition you must:
- be a resident of [the United Kingdom or United States of America];
- use your legal name;
- unless otherwise stated, enter as an individual only, not as part of a syndicate, group or agency;
- be or over the age stated in the Competition Rules on the date of your entry of the Competition; and
- make only the numbers of entries specified in the Competition Rules.
Unless otherwise stated, you may not enter a Competition if:
- you are an employee or contractor of Sofar or any family member of an employee or contractor of Sofar; or
- you are directly or indirectly connected with the administration of the Competition.
Breach of any of the terms of this Agreement may result in your disqualification from a Competition or withdrawal of any Prize.
Any Participant using a mobile device or other means of communication which is not paid for by that Participant should ask for the permission of the person who owns it and/or the person who pays the bills before entering the Competition.
Competition winners will be notified within the period stipulated in the Competition Rules, and Prizes must be claimed as set out in the notification relating to the Prize. Any claim for a Prize made outside the time or manner specified for the relevant Competition will be invalid.
To eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, we reserve the right to:
- request evidence of Competition entry;
- request proof of identity, age and address such as in the form of your passport or driving licence;
- request that you to sign a sworn statement confirming your eligibility and that there are no incidents in your past or personal circumstances that would be likely to bring us or the Prize Provider or their products or services or industry into disrepute; and/or
- carry out a meeting with you to discuss the Competition process.
Any failure to comply with the requirements of this clause may result in your disqualification from the Competition or the withdrawal of any Prize.
All Prizes are non-transferable and may not be given, assigned or sold to another person.
Prizes offered cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives.
A Prize will not be awarded to a person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the Prize or where the supply of the Prize to that person would be unlawful.
Unless otherwise specified, a Participant may not win more than one Prize per Competition and we or the Prize Provider reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent Prize.
There is no cash alternative. In the unlikely event that the relevant prize should become unavailable we reserve the right to substitute for a prize of equal or greater value.
Event Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates, destinations and number of attendees specified in the individual Competition Rules. Events are non-transferable and are subject to availability.
Events are not available to persons under the age of 18 unless otherwise stated in the Competition Rules. Where permissible, children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot attend unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
All event Prizes must be used within twelve months of the date of the Competition (unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Prize Provider or otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions for the Competition).
You must comply with the terms and conditions of the venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. There may be additional terms and conditions imposed by the Prize Provider which must be complied with and we will not be responsible for your failure to comply with such terms and conditions. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, event venues reserve the right to refuse entry.
Dates, times, performers, locations or other aspects of the Prize quoted by the Prize Provider are for guidance only and are subject to change.
DATA PROTECTION AND DIRECT MARKETING
- disclose your personal data to our affiliates;
- disclose your personal data to third parties, but only to the extent necessary for that third party to supply any Prize you have won;
- use your name on our website and in promotional materials or marketing activity to identify you as the winner of a Prize (if applicable);
- let those who submit a request in writing know the surname and county of all Prize winners;
- transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area to the Prize Provider and those staff and suppliers whom we engage in order to provide the Competition; and
- send you emails about related products or services.
You must let us know if any of your personal data is incorrect or becomes out of date.
DISQUALIFICATION OF ENTRIES
You shall be disqualified from entering the Competition, and, if you have won a Prize we may withdraw the same, or recover it from you if it has already been given, if:
- you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or any other terms relating to the Competition;
- you provide an incorrect or false name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry;
- you commit any kind of fraud, dishonesty, deceit, misconduct or similar action in respect of the Competition;
- there are any incidents in your past or personal circumstances that would be likely to bring us or the Prize Provider or their products or services or industry into disrepute (and, upon notification that you have won a Prize, you must declare any such incidents to us).
Multiple entries, including via any form of automated or machine assisted process or as part of a syndicate, will be void and the Participant disqualified.
CANCELLATION OF THE COMPETITION
We or the Prize Provider shall be entitled, in our reasonable discretion, to cancel, delay and/or recommence a Competition with immediate effect by online announcement without any liability.
If a Competition is cancelled after a valid claim has been made, we or the Prize Provider, will use reasonable endeavours to offer an alternative Prize. If such alternative Prize is offered but not accepted by you, you shall have no claim against us or the Prize Provider in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or Prize or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY/INDEMNITY
We and the Prize Provider exclude all liability whatever for any costs, expenses, damages, liability, injury or disappointment suffered by you arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition or Prizes, in contract and in tort (including negligence) and otherwise, in each case provided that nothing in these Competition Terms excludes any liability for death or personal injury arising out of our or the Prize Provider’s negligence or the negligence of our employees, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us or the Prize Provider or our employees; or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law. We, and the Prize Provider, exclude all liability whatsoever for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
We and the Prize Provider shall have no liability in the event of telephone, mobile connectivity or online entries delayed or not received by us or the Prize Provider as a result of network incompatibility, technical faults or for any other reason. Nor shall we or the Prize Provider have any liability for Prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you, nor for any mistakes in the source material utilised by us or the Prize Provider question compilers.
Our decision or that of the Prize Provider’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges for each individual competition will be specified in the terms of the conditions for that specific campaign/competition. Similarly the method of announcement of any winners will be specified in the terms of entry for that competition.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Competition or the Prize and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing).
Failure to enforce any term does not constitute a waiver of that term.
If any part of this Agreement of use is found to be unenforceable, it will be amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
This Agreement is not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
SOFAR SOUNDS LIMITED
Company Number 07561876
Address: 2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA, UK.
Telephone: +44 203 417 6539