This competition is now closed for entries, keep an eye out for the next one and in the meantime checkout some events near you.
Terms & Conditions
Grolsch Unpopped Presented by Sofar
Official Contest Rules
1. The Grolsch Unpopped Presented by Sofar is sponsored by Sofar Sounds Ltd (company no. 07561876) whose registered office is at [2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road] (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter
2. Employees of the Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household shall not be permitted to enter the contest.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Contest.
4. Route to entry for the Contest and details of how to enter are available via https://www.sofarsounds.com/comp/grolschtoronto8
5. The Contest begins on July 24th, 2019 at 3pm EST and ends on 11/11/19 at 11:59pm EST (“Contest End Date”). After this date the no further entries to the Contest will be permitted.
6. The Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend the Contest and these Official Rules without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Sponsor’s control. Any changes to the Contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Sponsor.
8. The Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Contest.
9. The rules of the Contest are as follows:
a. Provided that you are eligible (as described below), entering the Contest is free. You’ll be sent an email to let you know if you’ve been entered into our Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
b. Limit eleven entries per person [Instagram handle/Twitter handle/Facebook account]: One (1) when you enter the contest, and additional entries as described below. Any entrant found to be using multiple [email addresses/Instagram handles/Twitter handles/Facebook accounts] to enter this Contest will be ineligible to win. If you are successfully entered into the draw, you’ll be sent a unique link you can share with your friends to let them know about the Contest. You’ll receive one (1) additional entry into the Contest for each additional entry you generate through your link (up to a maximum of 10 additional entries). You should only invite people you know and who you think would want to receive the invitation – no spamming. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHENEVER YOU SHARE YOUR PERSONAL LINK WITH A FRIEND YOU SHOULD INCLUDE A STATEMENT THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL ENTRY IF YOUR FRIEND ENTERS THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA YOUR LINK. Failure to disclose this information is a violation of these rules. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
c. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and who have reached the legal drinking age in the province or territory where the event associated with the Prize is being held, at the time of entry.
d. Dates, times, performers, locations or other aspects of the Prize quoted by the Prize Provider are for guidance only and are subject to change.
e. On 11/11/19 at 11:59pm EST at 2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before the Contest End Date and select the potential winners (“Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set above. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; and (ii) comply with all of the Official Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
f. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of entry.
10. Selected Entrants will be notified via email. The return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable or the failure of any Selected Entrant to comply with these Rules will result in disqualification and any Prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be delivered as unique confirmation links by email to the address provided by the Selected Entrants and may be subject to further terms and conditions. You will need to either already have an account with Sofar Sounds, or register with us to claim a Prize. Once you have registered and confirmed your attendance, confirmation will be delivered by email and your name will appear on the event guest list upon arrival. Any costs and expenses associated with ticket acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including, travel and accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Sponsor reserves the right to deny entry to the event for any prize winners or guests based on venue capacity. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor.
11. If Prizes are not claimed within 24 hours of the relevant draw, the winner will forfeit the Prize and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected for the Prize at issue.
12. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, and not available to purchase separately. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, auctioned, bartered or resold by winners.
13. To eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, we reserve the right to:
a. request evidence of Contest entry;
b. request proof of identity, age and address such as in the form of your passport or driver’s licence;
c. request that you to sign a sworn statement confirming your eligibility and that there are no incidents in your past or personal circumstances that would be likely to bring us or the Prize Provider or their products or services or industry into disrepute; and/or
d. carry out a meeting with you to discuss the Contest process.
e. Any failure to comply with the requirements of this clause may result in your disqualification from the Contest or the forfeiture of any Prize.
14. The Sponsor’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this Contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
16. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
17. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on video, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
18. If prior explicit consent is given by the entrant during the Contest entry process, Sofar Sounds can disclose his/her name and email address to the associated artist, Prize Provider, and/or Contest partner.
19. Entry into the Contest will be deemed as acceptance of these Official Rules.
20. Separate terms apply to your use of the Sofar Sounds website. See www.sofarsounds.com/terms_and_conditions.
21. You must comply with the terms and conditions of the venues involved in the Contest or the Prize. There may be additional terms and conditions imposed by the Prize Provider which must be complied with and we will not be responsible for your failure to comply with such terms and conditions. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, event venues reserve the right to refuse entry.
22. Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest, entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Prize Provider, [Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter] and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties") from and against any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, suit, claim, cause of action, or damage (“Claim”) arising directly or indirectly from, or related directly or indirectly to, participation in the Contest or use of the Prizes, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable entries, posts, mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees, or expenses of any kind. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
23. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Official Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a Prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
24. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, unless indicated otherwise. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
25. In this Agreement, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
The promotion, prize draw, quiz or competition operated by us (whether on behalf of Sofar or on behalf of the relevant sponsors) as set out in the Official Rules.
b. “Official Rules”
The terms and conditions applicable to the relevant Contest, including any information provided by the Prize Provider incorporated therein.
The prize offered or awarded in a Contest by a Prize Provider. There are a total of 100 prizes available to be won as follows: 2 free tickets (approximate retail value: $0.01).
d. “Prize Provider”
The provider of the Prize awarded in a Contest by us or by any other third party with whom we have an arrangement.
e. “us”, “we” and “our”
Any references to “us”, “we” and “our” shall be references to Sofar Sounds Limited (“Sofar”) (Company Number 07561876) incorporated in England and Wales with registered office at 2nd Floor, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA, UK.
Any reference to “you,” “your,” and “entrant” as used herein is to the natural person entering or winner of (as the case may be) the Contest and, if the natural person is under the age of majority in their province or territory of legal residence, the parent or legal guardian who has granted permission for the entrant to accept the Official Rules.